2. When did you start writing? High school. But it didn’t turn into an actual career until a little less than a decade ago.
3. What inspires you to become a writer?There are so many stories in my head. I feel bad for the characters and want to share their stories with the world. If I don’t write those stories then those characters die. And we wouldn’t want that.
4. Could you share your experiences as a writer?
Being a writer, like anything in life, has its ups and downs. I’ve been fortunate enough that there are more ups than downs. And every step I take is a learning experience. But one of the best things about being a writer is getting a chance to meet readers who have enjoyed your books.
5. Where’s your favorite place to write/read?I have a little writing nook in my apartment that inspires me on a daily basis. As for reading? Anywhere.
6. Would you consider writing a book with another author? With whom?I haven’t really thought of it. Collaboration is great, don’t get me wrong, but I haven’t really thought about sharing the writing experience with anyone just yet.
7. Would you consider writing a different genre than the one you used to?
Always. I love experimenting, stretching my limits. Doesn’t mean I will always be successful at it, but I can’t fault myself for trying.
8. How many books did you write or published? What’s your favorite book from the one you’ve written?Currently, I’ve published 7 books. But my favorites would have to be my 8th, 9th, and 10th books which will all be released by Swoon Reads. The first is No Love Allowed, out on April 19, 2016.
9. Do you have an upcoming book? Can you share something about it?
No Love Allowed is the one I’m most excited about. Didi is such a special character to me. Caleb too. Their story I wrote in two weeks. I’d have to say it was divine intervention because I’d never written that fast before. It’s the story about a boy who doesn’t believe in love until he ends up falling in love with his fake girlfriend
who also happens to be a quirky, straight-forward, brilliant artist.
10. Any message to your readers?I love you all. Thank you for welcoming the stories of my characters onto your bookshelves. I know space can always be an issue for a bookworm, so having one of my books on your shelf is indeed an honor.